Curia’s discovery biology team accelerates your program toward the clinic and commercialization with our best-in-class, customizable solutions. Our teams integrate with medicinal chemistry, DMPK and analytical capabilities to ensure a seamless transition for your project throughout the drug discovery and development continuum. From concept to candidate, our scientific expertise and advanced technology platforms enable you to reduce costs, shorten time cycles and achieve better outcomes.
Using cutting edge technologies and experience, we produce quality recombinant proteins for nonhuman proof-of-concept studies, as custom assay reagents and to support protein crystallization programs.
Our protein expression capabilities:
- Expression construct design
- Production (cloning and mini-prep)
- Sequence verification (full length, bidirectional)
- Expression in mammalian, insect, S. cerevisiae and E. coli cells
- Transient, inducible and baculovirus expression strategies
- High titer transient transfection (including co-transfections) by Maxcyte flow-through electroporation or lipid-mediated technologies
- Culture in WAVE bag, spinner flask, shaker flask and HYPERFlask formats
Whether you’re starting from a unique target or conducting ongoing lead discovery programs, we deliver custom assay development services for the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and agrochemical industries.
You can access our expert services as stand-alone solutions or integrated with our full range of chemistry offerings.
When you partner with us, our team will develop robust, tailored assay solutions to support your drug discovery program and give your project the best chance of success.
Our assay design and development services include:
- Gathering your assay design requirements and objectives, whether you’re bringing in your assay or starting de novo
- Coordinating components
- Documenting assay procedures, specifications and results
- Transferring customer-developed assays, where applicable
- Optimizing and validating assays for sensitive, accurate target detection
We configure each assay using our specialized, technologically-advanced equipment, such as:
- EnVision Multimode light reader for fast high-throughput screening (HTS), minimal downtime and sensitive results (low detection levels)
- Opera Phenix high-content imager for both speed and sensitivity in HTS, phenotypic screening and assays for complex disease models
- Label-free technologies including surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and high-throughput mass spectrometry
Curia’s drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) group delivers expert solutions for your drug discovery programs. Providing in vitro DMPK services that span all stages of drug discovery, from exploratory, hit-to-lead, lead optimization, to candidate selection.
Our team combines expertise in biochemistry, enzymology, pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, cell biology, pharmacology and toxicology to provide DMPK and bioanalytical/pharmacokinetic services that span all stages of drug discovery.
Your compound is in the safe hands of an experienced team that brings strong problem-solving skills and expertise in a large variety of assays and techniques used to assess drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) in vitro.
Our complete suite of services includes:
- Comprehensive set DMPK assays
- Drug metabolite identification, synthesis and bioanalysis
- Expert pre-clinical IND-enabling program support
Partner with us and we’ll deliver high-quality data that identifies DMPK liabilities and guides the structure property relationships (SPRs) of your project compounds.
We deliver world-class high-throughput screening (HTS). Our capabilities include compound and sample management, conventional and next-generation HTS and access to state-of-the-art equipment, readout instruments and informatics.
Collaborate with our team and we’ll quickly and cost-effectively identify molecules for advancement with our advanced instrumentation which delivers speed and efficiency in screening novel targets.
Compound and Sample Management
- 605,000 small molecule library available for HTS; Comprehensive hit-picking and reformatting automation
- Sample inventory management including compound tracking and ELN
- 9,000-cubic-feet, controlled-environment storage (cold or under nitrogen)
Conventional and Next-Generation High-Throughput Screening (HTS)
We provide cell-based and biochemical screening using all common detection methods. Our instrumentation enables the development of new and unique screens, massive automated throughput and analysis of big data (image data, imaging by mass spectrometry data and quantitative fingerprinting by mass spectrometry data) at high-throughput rates.
Our technology and capabilities include advanced readout instrumentation:
- Biochemical and cellular screening
- Functional and phenotypic assays
- Label-free and labeled, including radiolabeled
- PerkinElmer cell::explorer™ high-throughput robotic screening platform for increased screening speed, reduced amounts of compounds/reagents and significantly lower HTS costs
- PerkinElmer Opera Phenix™ high-content imaging system
- PerkinElmer Columbus high-content image database system
- PerkinElmer Signals for improved data mining and visualization capabilities
- Labcyte Echo 555 liquid handler for high-throughput screening
- Essen BioScience IncuCyte ZOOM live-cell imaging system
- PerkinElmer EnVision multimode readers, delivering up to 160,000 data points per day
- Molecular Devices SpectraMax i3 multimode reader
- Molecular Devices FLIPR
- PerkinElmer MicroBeta II
- High-resolution and next-generation mass spectrometers for LC/MS/MS, including SCIEX ABI4500 QTRAP, SCIEX 6600 QTOF and HighRes Biosolutions PharmaPulse and Bruker Daltonics ultrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF/TOF
- High-throughput, high-content image analysis (including MS-based phenotypes) with multiparametric statistical analysis of screening data
- Multiple work stations for compound management and work-station-based high-throughput screening, including Tecan EVO and PerkinElmer Janus sample transfer systems and Thermo Multidrop Combis and Certus Flex bulk reagent dispensers
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Structural Biology
- Antibody drug conjugate optimization