“Successful businesses are built on trust, and the key to earning — and maintaining — the trust of our employees, customers and other stakeholders is to demonstrate ethical behavior and integrity in the way we do business.”
—Mariesa Coppola, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Compliance Office
Governance & Compliance
Our commitment in this effort is defined in Curia’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct. Published in six languages — English, French, German, Italian, Mandarin and Spanish — the code applies to all employees, directors, officers, and agents, and includes expectations of conduct from third-party partners.
We have adopted an Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, UK Bribery Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Policy. This policy strictly prohibits bribery or corruption of any kind in our business activities. The policy sets forth our expectations with respect to anti-corruption compliance and provides guidance for employees and business partners on anticorruption laws in the countries in which we operate.
Curia issued an Anti-Money Laundering Statement outlining its policy, processes and procedures aimed at preventing money laundering in connection with its business operations.
Any employee or third party with concerns regarding Curia’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, related policies and standards, or accounting or auditing concerns is encouraged to contact our global ethics hotline, which is available via telephone or online Curia has a strict non-retaliation policy against anyone making a good faith report of any suspicions or violations of our policies.
- Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Anti-Money Laundering Statement
- Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, UK Bribery Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Harassment & Discrimination Prevention Policy
- Curia Italy S.r.l. Organizational Model and Informational Notice (English)
- Curia Italy S.r.l. Organizational Model and Informational Notice (Italian)
Environmental, Social and Governance Report (ESG)
As a leading contract research, development, and manufacturing organization, we work at the forefront of scientific and technological advances. Our approach to environmental, social and governance (ESG) improvements serves as a platform for us to deliver science that scales.
In our latest report, you can learn about Curia’s ESG initiatives, including:
- How we have played a pivotal role in the face of COVID-19.
- Our environmental, health and safety management system, which is grounded on eight pillars and delivering measurable improvements.
- And our sustainable procurement policy is designed to ensure that our suppliers initiate and implement actions that reduce the environmental impact of the materials they provide.
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report 2022
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report 2021
- ESG Questionnaire 2022
- Curia Global, S.L.U. y Sociedades Dependientes: EINF Consolidado 2022 e Informe de Verificación
- Curia Global, S.L.U. y Sociedades Dependientes: EINF Consolidado 2021 e Informe de Verificación
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I)
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Council, is designed to be a strong voice at Curia, helping to further cultivate a work environment where all employees thrive. The DE&I Council is focused on six key pillars:
- Recruitment – Increasing the number of diverse and qualified candidates in the recruitment process, thereby increasing the number of diverse and qualified candidates hired
- Professional Development – Promoting career development opportunities for the talent-diverse workforce within Curia
- Engagement & Recognition – Internal and external promotion and communication of DE&I activities and achievements
- Community – Enhancing our spirit of inclusion, so that every Curia employee feels a sense of belonging and respect
- Education – Educating our workforce on the business impact of DE&I to demonstrate the need for expanded inclusive behaviors, and to provide the tools necessary to implement those behaviors
- Cultural Awareness – Highlighting, celebrating, and understanding our global workforce
Experienced leaders have been appointed to each pillar, and they have recruited volunteers to serve with them on the council.