Curia completes “Center of Speed” expansion with new GMP suites
April 28, 2022
Curia, a leading global contract research, development, and manufacturing organization expands its small scale GMP-compliant capacity with the investment of new suites to support Orphan/Accelerated products with improved timeline, in-house analytical capabilities, and scale up within our network.
Curia’s largest Chemical Development site in Albany supports API process development & supply for early and late phase clinical customers, from initial process R&D to toxicology batches to GMP clinical batches. Curia customers who work with molecules intended for Accelerated/Orphan indications (including Fast Track, Breakthrough, Rare Disease and other Priority designations) consider speed to market critical to their success.
For this reason, following the expansion of kilo lab last year, which enabled additional production of kilogram-scale quantities, Curia has recently enhanced its scale-up speed by investing in two new suites that meet Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. Both suites are EU Class C, with 200-L/100-L fixed reactor trains, tripling Curia’s Albany site’s 200-L capacity. With a total of 10 GMP compliant suites, it allows Curia to provide the following:
- Handle 10 production runs simultaneously
- Support an additional 10 clinical trials a year
- Enable first GMP for customers from candidate selection to IND in 12 months
- Supply start to finish molecules with batch sizes <20kg under one roof, including comprehensive in-house analytical development capabilities
- Offer multiple options in its global network to further scale up molecules requiring significantly larger quantities
Connect with our experts to learn more about this exciting development.
More from Curia
September 15, 2023
Curia Supports Replicate Bioscience’s Phase 1 Clinical Trial of Novel Next-Generation RNA Vaccine
Supply of drug substance manufactured under cGMP supports first-in-human clinical study for RBI-4000 novel self-replicating RNA (srRNA)