As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread across the globe, Curia is diligently monitoring the latest developments. As such, Curia has established a companywide taskforce to assure a coordinated response across our global network, focusing on employee health and safety as well as delivery of products and services that benefit patients.
Key to that taskforce is communication both inside and outside our organization. Updates of the latest actions being taken by Curia along with a dedicated link to allow responses to customer specific inquiries related to COVID-19 are available on the home page of Curia website.
MAY 15, 2020 UPDATE:
- Curia continues to support customer requests that address the needs of COVID-19 including API production for rocuronium, norepinephrine and propofol – products readily available in our extensive API catalog. As the sole active U.S. DMF holder of hydroxychloroquine sulfate, we have the ability to increase production for this key API at our Rensselaer, NY, facility.
- Curia remains committed to doing our part to support public health needs during this unprecedented time. To contact us about a product or project that we can assist with, or for more information about one of our facilities, please contact your Curia representative or submit an inquiry here.
APRIL 24, 2020 UPDATES:
- Curia’s plants continue to be operational while we support our customers in their efforts to bring to market COVID-related diagnostics, antivirals, vaccines, and other treatments for symptoms and effects of the disease.
- To contact us about a product or project that we can assist with, or for more information about one of our facilities, please contact your Curia representative or submit an inquiry here.
APRIL 10, 2020 UPDATES:
- As of this posting, all Curia plants are operational. Modifications to day-to-day activities have been taken and will be continued to be monitored for the protection of our employees and in accordance with local, regional and country guidelines.
- To assure health and safety at our locations, Curia has implemented daily temperature monitoring requiring all visitors, employees and contractors to have their temperature scanned with a result <100.4 degrees F prior to admittance to the facility.
- Curia is committed to supporting global public health needs and has engaged with a number of customers to support recent initiatives on COVID-related diagnostics, antivirals, vaccines, and other treatments for symptoms and effects of the disease.
- Questions? For inquiries about a product or project that we may be able to assist you with, or if you need more information about visiting an Curia facility, please contact your Curia representative or submit an inquiry here.
AS OF MARCH 27, 2020:
- Weekly virtual town hall meetings led by Curia’s CEO as well as regular ongoing daily updates with senior staff, are taking place to address ongoing efforts related to the status of operations, and employee health and safety protocols. Curia’s commitment to our employees and their families is our first priority.
TELECOMMUTING AND SOCIAL DISTANCING SUPPORT
- Curia has made the decision to ban all non-essential travel for our employees along with non-critical visitor meetings until further notice. Exceptions are only permitted by approval from executive management.
- Telecommuting has been implemented for eligible employees. Numerous telecommuting resources and infrastructure are being utilized to support our employees who can work from home.
- For those employees who are essential to plant operations and cannot work from home, we have employed, where possible, split-shift protocols – to ease the concern of child/eldercare, maintain 6 feet / 2 meters proximity guidelines and ensure continuity of operation. We also have added additional site disinfection protocols between shifts.
- We have implemented a variety of global pay continuation policies, as well as adhering to all applicable local, regional and country requirements, such as:
- Employees who are required to self-isolate receive continued pay during the recommended 14-day isolation period.
- Telemed has been implemented for eligible employees in applicable countries and the company has waived associated co-pays.
- The Employee Assistance Program is also available to eligible employees in applicable countries.
SAFETY AND RISK MITIGATION
- Operational employees continue to support production and research activities based on applicable guidances. All non-essential employee travel has been suspended by Curia until further notice, unless authorized by executive management. As a result, meetings will be conducted virtually, where possible, and facilitated through your respective Curia contact.
- Third-party and employee visitors to Curia sites must complete health declaration forms before entry is permitted.
- Where applicable, Curia has instituted split-shift manufacturing operations to support social distancing while not sacrificing productivity.
- Each site has increased sanitization and is adhering to established protocols for cleansing and self-isolation for suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Curia has proactively conducted a risk analysis of raw material inventories and sources and has taken appropriate measures to secure the delivery of materials to maintain the production schedules of our products.
- Curia is working around the clock to assure that each of our facilities has the necessary personal protective equipment needed for our employees to continue operations in compliance with local guidelines and Curia’s internal policies and procedures.
- We have also activated our Site Action Plans in response to the pandemic, which are in compliance with local governmental guidelines.
PRODUCTION SITE STATUS*
- As of this posting, all Curia plants are operational. Modifications to day-to-day activities are being taken for the protection of our employees and in accordance with local, regional and country guidelines.
*Please note that each facility has its own unique challenges and requirements based on geographical location and local governmental regulations. Curia’s global taskforce will continue to provide consistent guidance so that local COVID-19 site monitoring and implementation are put in place accordingly. Curia is committed to assuring the safety and health of our employees while continuing to bring medicines to customers and patients worldwide.
Contact us regarding COVID-19
Ready to move from idea to impact?
Whether you have a question for our team or an opportunity you’re eager to pursue, one of our experts can help you get started.Contact Us
More from Curia
Lyophilization: Protecting and preserving biologics
Lyophilization, also known as freeze-drying, is often a crucial step in the manufacturing process of biologics drug products. Biologics are large, complex molecules used to treat various diseases, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, and rare gene...
Rapid discovery and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 Delta spike protein
In the fall of 2021, the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 was the dominant strain in the US, being both more contagious than previous variants and more likely to lead to “long COVID” than subsequent Omicron variants. Here we describe the discovery and...