Curia’s in vivo Discovery Immunology team offers high-performance hybridoma-based technologies to help clients discover great antibodies that make a difference.
- A variety of proprietary immunization protocols (DNA, protein, peptide, small molecule, and cell-based) are available with demonstrated success in multiple wild-type murine strains and fully-human antibody-producing transgenic mice, with advanced tolerance-breaking approaches when needed (including use of specialized target-deficient mice).
- ELISA- and FACS-based high-throughput screening and off-rate analyses of hybridomas indicate the specificity, cross-reactivity, and functionality of candidate antibodies as early as two months from campaign initiation.
- Diverse therapeutic and clinical diagnostic/imaging candidates against immuno-oncology targets, GPCRs, neurobiology targets, enzymes, autoimmune/inflammatory targets, metabolic targets, and small molecules.
Discovery Immunology mAbs can seamlessly transition to downstream GXP production, enabling one-stop shopping from discovery to development.
Workflow of Hybridoma Discovery Immunology
|Upfront Due Dilligence||Immunizations||Hybridoma Screens||Antibody Characterization|
|– Target analysis and antigen design
– Goal-oriented proposal development<br/ >- Antigen biofunction QC
|– Rapid immunization protocols
– DNA, protien, peptide, and cell-based immunizations
– In-life titer checks enable real-time optimization of immunizations, and selection of animals with optimal titers
|– Hybridoma generation by electrofusion
– 384-well plate high throughput screens (ELISA or multiplex FACS)
– Data Master Files for candidate selection
|– Hybridoma single cell cloning and variable region sequencing
– mAB characterization affinity, binding EC50 (ELISA or FACS), biofunction IC50 or EC50 (customized functional assays such as ligand blocking and receptor internalization)
Complete campaigns incorporate Curia’s unique suite of integrated services including:
• Target analysis and immunogen production
• Immunization, hybridoma generation, and single-cell cloning
• Variable region sequencing and purified mAb production/characterization
Chain of Discovery™
• Rigorous upfront target analysis and goal-oriented proposal development
• Data updates provide tracking from target to mAb delivery
• Delivery of sequence-confirmed hybridomas with variable region sequences
• Multiple wild-type mouse or rat strains
• DNA, peptide, protein, and cell-based immunizations
• Often take multiple immunization approaches against a single target to generate a large diverse repertoire of candidate antibodies.
Curia’s advanced tolerance-breaking approaches can open epitopic space for targets that are highly conserved between humans and mice. They can also increase opportunities for discovering cross-reactive antibodies or for generating surrogate anti-mouse target antibodies.
• Analysis of heavy and light chain V- and J- gene usage and of CDR3 sequence
• 384-well high-throughput ELISA or FACS screening of thousands of hybridomas for target binding
• Incorporation of cell-based ligand blocking assays
• ELISA, BLI, Carterra Arrayed SPR epitope binning and affinity determination
Proprietary PentaMice™ Platform for Maximum Plasma Titers
• Royalty-free set of wildtype mice designed for in vivo immunizations to achieve maximum plasma titers
• The platform consists of 5 WT strains that cover 9 distinct MHC haplotypes
• 10 mice total (2 mice per strain) are included
Client Testimonial: Tri-Institutional Therapeutics Discovery Institute and LakePharma (now part of Curia): A Partnership in Antibody Discovery to Enable Innovative Therapeutics
Download a free eBook: Introduction to Hybridoma Technologies for Antibody Discovery
PentaMice™: A Unique Approach to Achieve Maximum Plasma Titers for Antibody Discovery webinar recording available NOW!
Discovery of Potent, Functional Anti-BTLA, and Anti-TIGIT Monoclonal Antibodies using Hybridoma and Phage Display Platform webinar recording available NOW
Click here to download our Pentamice Flyer
“LakePharma (now part of Curia) is nothing short of a true partner with Apollos Diagnostics. We will continue to work with Curia as a partner for all of our future antibody development campaigns.”
– John Alderete, Ph.D., MBA; Founder and President of Folium Biomed, LLC
View the testimonial here
“LakePharma (now part of Curia) is a great partner to work with. Their expertise enables them to generate large panels of antibodies that can be used as the foundation for our therapeutic candidates”
– Ronald Herbst, Ph.D., CSO, Pyxis Oncology
View Pyxis clinical pipeline
“LakePharma (now part of Curia) was a great partner; very helpful, focused, and committed. Thank you for your antibody engineering and production services which made this project a success.”
– Maria Day, ImmuNext
View their press release here