Antibody Affinity Maturation
At Curia, different antibody affinity maturation methodologies using phage and yeast surface display platforms followed by high-throughput (HT) screening are employed to increase target binding affinity.
1. CDR randomization of different Ab fragment scaffolds (scFv, Fab, VHH)
2. Large single or large combination variable heavy/light chain yeast or phage display CDR libraries can be generated
3. Multiple rounds of panning selections with increasing stringency can be performed in order to achieve demanding affinity improvements
Curia can generate light chain shuffling antibody libraries including yeast or phage display libraries via amplification of VL pools from B cells derived from human donors.
We offer antibody kinetic characterization using state-of-the-art instrumentation:
Carterra® LSA array-based SPR for HT kinetic characterization of unpurified bacterial extracts enables early lead prioritization
Carterra® LSA or BLI-based Octet used for IgG candidate kinetic characterizations
Curia’s Affinity Maturation Services:
|Consultation||Library Construction & Validation||Selection/Screening||IgG Reformatting & Bioexpression||Antibody Characterization|
|– Custom affinity maturation strategies, dependent on starting antibody
– Flexible workflow
|– CDR-focused libraries
– Light chain shuffling library
|– Multiple rounds of panning/selection employing increasing stringency
– Cross reactivity screening
– Functional screening
– Preliminary kinetics using unpurified antibody fragments/PPEs (SPR-Caterra LSA)
|– Small-scale production and purification of top hits as IgG||– Kinetics measurement (Carterra LSA or BLI-based Octet)
– Developability assessment
|24110||Affinity Maturation||4 to 6 months||Request|
Antibody Discovery & Engineering Services
The Curia Antibody Center offers comprehensive antibody discovery and engineering services, including identification, optimization, and characterization of new leads.